(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Friday, April 12, 2013

Better Late than Never.

Today was my daughter's school sports day. We had an early morning and I was there to cheer her on. (so am a little late today, sorry). We donned ourselves in various green items of attire, which has been collected over the past weeks, and presented ourselves for a day of races and events. I had bought a green wig but was advised that would be 'too silly and embarrassing'. I was also given the lecture about no hugs in public. 

Overnight, today's forecast had suddenly jumped to be almost 30 deg celcius (in Autumn!) so sunscreen and green Zinc and multiple bottles of water were also added to the list of required items. We had a record long, dry summer, this year, so I should not have been surprised that it was to be so hot. Unfortunately, this also meant that the paddle pops, at the canteen, had melted. I managed to get one of the last ones for sale and suffered a brain freeze (ice-cream headache) as it had to be devoured before it finished melting completely.

After four hours in the melting heat, there was the celebrity event in which parents, teachers and school captains took part. It was like pass the parcel down the line - with water bombs. Thankfully, all electrical equipment had been removed, prior to the event, as almost everyone ended up drenched. The students (and some of the teachers) were very diligent in ensuring the School Principal did not miss out.  

The only artwork I managed today was the large green 'Ms', on my daughters cheek, denoting her school sports house. (It always reminds me of the PP on the cheeks of the Planet People, in Qartermass). 

Sorry, for the short post today; I am trying to rehydrate after the heat. 
I shall leave you with a picture, taken by my daughter today. (She asked me to carry her pom poms. She did not say where.) I am off for a nanna nap now.


No comments:

Post a Comment