(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brain Squish, the Cat and What I did Not Do Today...

Be warned. Brain is squish. 

Often, I will use the standard what I did today, to give me a jump off point for my post. Today's work involved drawing up matching 'scrolls'. Mostly it is twisty the acanthus-type leaves, with some medieval flowers. There are two 'animals' used as totems on the device. However, I cannot post pictures today as they are a suprise...

So, I had to find something else to post about. I had my flu vaccine shot and have been driven crazy with itchy skin, eyes and sneezing, with my allergies, over the past few days (most likekly not related though). My brain is screaming and I am sick of it. Thank goodness for antihistamine! In my brain addled state, the word antihistamine is a funny sounding word. I know it's scientific meaning but if you break it down, it is anti - hist - amine or anti - his- ta -mine. Hmmm... 

I have a cat. She is a cheeky cat - very intelligent, sneaky and a very tricksy thing. She has allowed me to live with her for twenty years.  She ascertained, at a young age, that it was not worth her time to chase birds; she just sits there and talks to them by mimicking their noises. My vet classifies her as a healthy, very well-loved, geratric cat. But I don't let that lull me into a false sense of security. I know better than to think that I can relax. She is always on the look out for a chance to acquire some human food, especially my husband's icecream.

Her arthritis may make it harder for her to clean herself and climb the furniture but she has trained us to pick her up and leave a footstool so she can climb more easily onto her favourite spot.  However, she still has her twenty minutes of kitten crazy. Though her footing is not as sure as it was, she is cunning and tries to outwit me by doubling back, at random intervals. I think her extra long years have given her more time to hone her sneaky-skills.

So, how did I segue from antihistamine to my cat? Who knows how the brain works in an antihistamine-induced dilerium ...
Anti - his (hiss)? My cat does not tend to hiss, unless she is at the vet. She is very, very good at defending herself, even with her arthritis. The vet and the nurses know her well and have a very healthy respect for her claws and tactics. 
Ta: the relief when rescuing a clothing item (especially the silk) that has been commandeered by her
and mine! - as in give it back, it is mine!

No deep philosophising today, sorry. I have to go pick up my cat. Apparently the purring is good for the nerves and reduced hypertension... or is that just propaganda spread by our feline friends?
Warned you my brain was squish!

No comments:

Post a Comment