(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Calender Curious? Anyone for some Steampunk?

Someone recently asked if I sold calenders. I have previously made calenders, for personal use - happy family snaps, for the relatives. I have been tinkering with the idea but need to get twelve similarly-themed drawings or photographs for a themed calender. What would people prefer? Artwork or photographs?

Some months ago, I flirted with the idea of a Steampunk calender, mostly based on photographs. (I am currently chasing up model releases). I am also planning some still life Steampunk influenced photographs, as well. Would you, dear reader, prefer mostly portraits or still life photographs? 

This, again, was a learning process with GIMP - working with layers, altering colours and adding filters. Each is based on my original photography. I added a border and some cogs to add to the steampunk feel. There are two styles of photos: one is sepia, the classic expectation for steampunk and an old world feel. The other is posterised, giving a surreal appearance but keeping some colour. An entire calender of sepia photographs would be bland.


Any thoughts or preferences, dear reader? 

On the question of original artwork. Would colour or pencil drawings be a preference? Would you prefer more steampunk, fairies or another theme?

In the meantime, here is another t-shirt for you all at Redbubble - Steampunk - feel free to buy and recommend to your friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment