(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Friday, April 26, 2013

Can NEVER have too many books!



I spent the past day arm deep in old books that we have been collecting, over the past year. (not the ones from the recent Library sale). My husband finally put up the shelves we needed for them. We have had the bookends and the clock for over a year now and have been planning for some time. Finally it is all in progress.                                                        

After fortifying myself with antihistamines, I started the task of sorting out the piles and organising the order of the shelf. So much dust! Amongst them are some classics, some twists on classics and some19th century editions - including novels and scientific books.
I am now extremely happy as I can not only find the book I am looking for, but it looks great! 
New to the pile, this week, was A Sherlock Holmes compendium, The Prisoner of Zenda and H G Wells...

After immersing myself in the (already) written word, I proceded to immerse myself in the (currently on the go) written word. I finished off the day on a fourth draft of a Gaslight short story and wrangling the nomenclature and niceties of Victorian gentry titles. About another 1000 words and a few rewrites and hopefully I can put this one to bed. 

(Note to self: I really have to get a phone with a decent camera on it)




No comments:

Post a Comment