(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Thursday, April 18, 2013

It is New T-shirt Time!

After a few days of sad news and irritating allergies, I needed some art therapy. I needed to design a new t-shirt! Designing and drawing helps me concentrate on the beauty of things and is cathartic. Creating things soothes my soul. 
As I have been concentrating on some award scrolls recently, I have been on a historical bent. This one was based on celtic designs of knotted animals, that can be found on Celtic crosses and in illuminations,. It was used for an old fanzine/ apazine contribution called 'Off the Artboard' of which I have blogged before. This version was mimicking a carved stone with pastel colours that can be seen in various illuminations, including The Book of Kells.


some examples can be at: 

I wanted to choose colours that were similar to those used, but also of a different colour palette to my previous t-shirt designs - for those of you who want something different. 

You can find the design at Redbubble: Off the Artboard 2: Celtic.

Which colour t-shirt do you prefer this design on?

No comments:

Post a Comment