(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Medieval Fair Photoshoot 2013

This weekend was the annual Medieval Fair at Gummeracha, in the Adelaide Hills. This was the first year that I had not been a performer/ volunteer for the re-enactment group to which I belong. Unfortunately circumstances had changed this year and our normal set up and numbers were not happening. So I decided to 'play the tourist' with my camera and just take it in the atmosphere. The whole time I was there, I kept expecting to have to run off to do something.

It was a very strange thing to see the whole Fare from the other side. I actually managed to get to just about all of the merchant stalls, many of which belonged to friends of mine:
Brenda runs Colonial Lake Books and sells historical re-enactment, period cookery, spinning, embroidery and many more books worth covetting.
Terry (who made my wedding dress) runs Dragons Blood Creations, making and selling corsetry, Goth, Steampunk, Medieval and wedding outfits for  extraordinary people. 
Anwyn sells renaissance and medieval braid, amongst other things. Her website is The Sign of the Lambtree.
Steve the Cooper makes beautiful tankards, buckets, chests and many other professionally made woodwork!
Mike makes chainmail products 
I am so blessed to have so many talented friends!

For my photo shoot, I used available light and opted for candid shots. 
Firstly some generic shots:

 


and some portraits:
 

with my favourite photo of the day, being one of my friend Jo, also a talented artist and has a FB page The Art and Creativity of Joanna Malloy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment