(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Live in the Moment

Good morning everyone. Today I have been off at appointments and did not have access to my phone or computers. For a while, there was no rush to get things done. I was living in the moment, as I have been told to do to relieve stress.

Some random thoughts from today...

The rain is light today. The world is crisp. The air is cool. The dust is settled. Finally Winter is here. I can breathe. The rain has also been beneficial to the lavenders I replanted a couple of days ago. The carrots, spinach and broccoli have sprung into life and enjoying the moisture. I won't have to water the garden until the end of Spring, unless we get another dry spell. I love this weather.

Why is it that drivers speed up in the wet weather? They creep closer to the car in front of them, carve the traffic in the other lane and run red lights. For some unknown reason, it seems that indicator lights cease to work whenever there is rain. Someone should really talk to the car manufacturers about this one. 

There was a raven in the front yard when I arrived home. Its white eyes watched me alight from the car. They followed me as I did some impromptu weeding in the vegetable patch. It smiled at me as I through it a curl grub that had dared to invade the garden soil. It cawed its approval and waited until I was checking the mail before it took advantage of the free food. As quickly as it swooped, it flew back up onto the roof where it watched me enter the house. 

One of the most relaxing things in the world is a cup of tea, some dark chocolate and a good book. Even more so when the rain is falling rhythmically onto the roof, tinkling on the skylight.

Live in the moment. Revel in the world's wonders.  Enjoy life.



No comments:

Post a Comment