(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Welcome

Firstly, welcome to all my new readers! You know who you are. In the past two days, my blog hits have doubled. Thanks for that; it is wonderful to know that I am not just writing little pieces of my soul into the invisible internet ether for them to fizzle out, unread.


Secondly, after yesterday’s rant I am exhausted! I am on day six of being ill and I am so over it. I have counted at least seven lungs that I have coughed up during the last two days only! I have finally succumbed to modern medicine to try to kick those nasty little bugs in the teeth… and they are tough blighters.


With my brain addled, I am just doing a short post today.  I am sitting in my PJ’s and dressing gown, guzzling the last of my tea and wishing a bit of chocolate would spontaneously appear on the table beside me. (Maybe if I bat my eyelids at my hubby?… well that wasn’t hard. I love that man! )


Though loathed to admit it, and being not very found of tropes, I could just stick some rollers in my hair and I would emulate a grumpy housewife stereotype right now… but with a lot more coughing and no cigarette hanging out of my mouth.


Having now let my addled brain loose on you – poor unsuspecting reader – I will leave you to enjoy your day and I will eat that chocolate and cup of tea that have spontaneously appeared on my side table.  (the wonderful man)



Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment