(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Letting My Imagination Go

It is that time of the month again where I can play out of character, carrying a sword and lusting for adventure. Yep – D&D Gaming Day. Not the computerised version that many gamers play (I was told by my daughter that it is called tabletop gaming these days) but good (ye) ol’ ‘grab the books, the 20 sided dice and the character sheets’ and have some fun using my imagination.


It is a load off my brain to have someone else setting the story and setting the rules; if the DM (now GM I am told) says it is so, then it is so! I do love writing but this gives me a chance of making things up as I go along but not having to keep track on the plot, clues or character development. I just let my imagination go and someone else has to pull the plot line together and make sure it makes sense (if, indeed, the DM wants it to make sense at all.)


So I spent the evening having a rollicking hoot and did not have to worry about the consequences (all in my imagination) or complicating the plot and how to fix it went when went off to do our own thing (I was not writing the thing). Not my problem.  Ah, bliss.


If you love gaming and D&D, I have a series of t-shirts/prints available on Redbubble in my Roleplayer Series, including characters and creatures.  Check them out!



Letting My Imagination Go

No comments:

Post a Comment