(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year. A New Hope.

Dear 2014,

Hello and welcome.

Firstly, may I take this opportunity to welcome you. I have been waiting a long while for your arrival, almost a year in fact. Your predecessor was quite vexing, insisting on creating discomfort as much and as often as possible. I am sure that you will prove to be more friendly.
To celebrate your arrival my friends and I have spent the day partying, enjoying much food and great conversation.
On my part, I resolve to do the following:
  • try to write ‘something’ everyday. (1500 words would be nice, but I will be happy with just a few hundred – anything really)
  • finish my manuscript before you depart
  • always think of the glass as half full
  • try to look at both sides of each story
  • never lose hope
  • enjoy more family ‘together’ time
  • learn to relax and face my fears.
I trust that you will reward my trust in you with hope, creativity and a more peaceful twelve months.
Thanking you in advance,

Yours hopefully,

Karen C.


A New Year. A New Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment