(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Of Music, Thankfulness and Unfettered Freedom

I have a rare day to myself today. Loud uninhibited singing in my fortress of solitude means that I can shout for joy and not worry about anyone else in the world. It is liberating and (even just for a moment) banishes all my doubt, anxiety and helps me forget the daily grind.  

I am thankful for the opportunity to let off steam.


thankful jar
On the subject of thankfulness – following a social media prompt, I started a thankful jar. At any time I feel happy or grateful, I write a short note and pop it in the jar. At the end of the year I will read the messages to remind me of all the good things that I have felt or that have happened in my life, this year.

It is slowly filling up. It has already done part of its job. Every time I spy it, I get a warm feeling of contentment as it is already reminding me that there are positive things in my life.

Why don’t you try it? Everyone needs more good things in their life!


Of Music, Thankfulness and Unfettered Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment