(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Of Technology and New Ventures

I have finally popped my head up from the deep dark rabbit hole that is the realm of new electronic equipment. After I have taken a breath – a very, very deep one – and collected my thoughts, I will have to jump back in and sort out all those apps, programmes and links that I will need for my latest purchase.

I have finally decided (after saving for a year) to get a Galaxy Note, complete with word processing and digital drawing ability. As my long-time readers will know, I have spent fruitless hours trying to wrangle drawing, with a mouse,  on my computer. I failed. Miserably.

I really would love to buy a Wacom Cintiq.  I drool over the website on my computer.  It is quite sad really. Though I try, I continue to drag my feet when it comes to stepping up into the digital age. This weekend I have endeavored to stop dragging my feet. My new Samsung Note has a spiffy pen to draw (and handwrite) directly onto the computer screen.

notebookThe bonus is the ‘s-pen’ has been designed by Wacom. Woot! Right this minute, I am typing this (belated) post on my tablet. I will then attempt to post it to my blog via the same contraption.

I have some plans. I have hinted at them, in my newsletter. Theses plans require me to tackle this comptery stuff. To complete my transition into the modern world, I have taken  the photo with my mobile, blue toothed it to the computer and dropped it  here.

I apologize for the lateness of this post.  I am hoping this will arrive in your email or present itself onto your screen, comlete with photo.

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment