(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Of Weeds, Weeds and More Weeds... oh, and some gardening.

Since my last garden post, we have had rain. More rain. A lot of rain.

I won’t say too much rain – as an ex-farm girl (from Queensland), I have seen too many droughts; this rain has been a welcome thing. Dams over the state have been overflowing. Our local dams are 81-88% full – something not seen for a long time down here.

The upside of the rain? It has made weeding  an easier task. Those pesky weeds have been slipping out with much less encouragement than is usually required.

The downside? The weeds have been growing with wild abandon.

A few hours later, the first section of weeding has been (re)done. I have found my veges again!


weeding doneThere is still a lot more to go. At least I have found the entry to our front path, which was hidden amongst a jungle of soursobs. Now any visitors do not require a machete to find their way to our front door.  (left).  A few more stepping stones would not go astray either. There are a few muddy spots that could do with some work.

And yes, those pots need weeding as well. The potting mix needs beefing up so they can welcome the upcoming spring food crop.

Never a dull moment in this garden. 




Of Weeds, Weeds and More Weeds... oh, and some gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment