(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Calm Before the Storm

It is done!


Doctor Jack rewrites are finished. Major background changes for two characters and ending are sorted. Fifth edit and spell check are complete. The manuscript is now ready to be proof read and checked and analysed for inconsistencies by some very particular readers (thanks to Amanda for some tips on printing out for editors). The torture begins. Will there be a slew of corrections and rewrites? I need to find a vat of dark chocolate to drown my sorrows in. (Fortunately I had organised a massage appointment to start the recovery. )


Doctor Jack Novella proof read copy 150509While I wait for their verdict, I am delving into formatting tutorials and hoping the estimated postal delivery times are vaguely accurate. The paperback book launch is scheduled for the 30th May. Wish me luck!


In the meantime:


  • you can now find me on my Goodreads author page.

  • Jack Tyler’s interview with me has also been posted on his Goodreads page.

  • Final touches are being put onto the Doctor Jack and Other Tales paperback cover (soon to be revealed)

Today is mother’s day. I plan to lounge around watching Midsomer Murders and Doctor Who, be fed pancakes with maple syrup and bacon and maybe indulge in a little too much chocolate. I’ll even share some with my wonderful family. I am so blessed to have them in my life.


janes


 


 



Calm Before the Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment