(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Friday, July 22, 2016

Photo Friday: A Week of Pain and Hope

original post: http://karenjcarlisle.com/2016/07/22/photo-friday-a-week-of-pain-and-hope/

On Thursday 14th July, I went under the knife. I had a hysterectomy. This should sort out some of my escalating health issues, which have put me over three months behind on my writing schedule.
How inconvenient.
My fantastic surgeon tried valiantly to do keyhole surgery but, alas, I don't do things by halves. The cut was needed. Recovery time will be longer, but I will be at my book launches! (even if I am a little less perky than usual).
Here are the 'highlights' of the past week. (Don't despair; there are no gory operation photos.)
Post surgery: Lots of lying around feeling sore. I had forgotten how barren daytime, free-to-air television was. Caught up on Playschool, re-runs of Doctor Who, Vicar of Dibley, Starsky and Hutch. Watched a lot of ABC (good on you, Aunty!) Dearheart came to visit every day, after work, even when he was tired.
boredMeganTony Flowers_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
I downloaded Pokemon Go! to take the edge off the boredom. It's difficult when you can't get out of bed. And I couldn't visit a Pokestop, so I ran out of balls.
 poke1_copyright2016KarenCarlisle poke2_copyright2016KarenCarlisle poke4_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
Food: One can only have clear liquids and jelly for so long before one goes mad! Yeah for day three and real food. And lots of fresh fruit and side salads.
  dinner1_copyright2016KarenCarlisle breakfastJoyMissMAndy_copyright2016KarenCarlisle lunch_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
Visitors and surgery pressies were a god-send. Thanks to Joy, Anne and David, Miss M, Andrew, Margie, Megan and Tony.
 bookMargie_copyright2016KarenCarlisle JoyMissMAndy_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
Lastly the view out of the window:
Pre-surgery: The view from my window. The rainbow was a good omen.
goodomen_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
Post surgery: What a beautiful weekend - and I'm stuck in bed! View of the Adelaide Hills.
view2_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
Going home: Five days later - still beautiful skies.
going home MeganTony Flowers_copyright2016KarenCarlisle
Photos:©2016 Karen J Carlisle. All Rights Reserved.
If you wish to use any of my images, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment