(This is a mirror site of my webpage karenjcarlisle.com)

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Illusioneer Update and a Bonus Short Story

original post: http://karenjcarlisle.com/2017/11/05/photo-friday-illusioneer-update-and-a-bonus-story/


Good morning Dear Reader,
There's been a lot happening over the past few weeks. First, an update on 'The Illusioneer & Other Tales', then a link to a bonus (so far unpublished) short story of mine.
The manuscript for Viola's last set of adventures, The Illusioneer & Other Tales, is completed and edited. The galley was proofread by my busy elves.
Now the final page count was finalised, I could format the cover spread.
Both were sent to the printer and I'm waiting for a proof copy before I can order the first box.
The Illusioneer's ISBN has been allocated and it's now listed on the National Library database (Trove/CiP). This is what it will look like on your shelf with the others <shameless plug>.

But there's more:

a bonus excerpt - the first chapter of my next steampunk adventure series, 'The Department of Curiosities' - with new characters and a new look.
(The story starts in 1883 and is set in the same alternative world as 'The Adventures of Viola Stewart'.)
I bought a new ring to mark the end of my first steampunk mystery series - one stone for each book.

This month's Bonus:

Penny, from The Adventures of Messrs Smith and Skarry, asked me for a short story. It will feature on her blog this week.

You can read Waking  HERE.

Photos and short story ©2017 Karen J Carlisle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment